Tuesday 17 June 2014

Space: a dressing area in a Soho loft



This space with a mix of natural and vintage style is a dressing area in a Soho loft and belongs to Andrew Corrie and Harriet Maxwell of Ochre. Since we moved into our new home I have been keeping the image as an inspiration for our entrance (the long console reminds me of the entrance of Willow Crossley). This morning, while enjoying our coffee, we ruled out the idea of a wardrobe in our entrance, a large space that we also use as a home office (we hide all office-looking things to keep it inviting). First we thought about using a wardrobe to divide the space but it would block the light so a coat stand and a hat rack on one wall was a better idea. A long console table with a large mirror or mirrors above would be ideal. I'm already picturing it beautifully styled like the one above, with a lamp or two, books, decorative objects and fresh flowers. I think the hunt for a console table can begin.

photo credit:
Ditte Isager via My World Apart (for more, see Remodelista)

4 comments:

  1. First things first: Happy Anniversary to you and A! I think a cake is in order. :) Now, I like the natural tones here and the low console table. Everything looks so casually decorated, my kind of styling.

    OK, now I really have to make Sigrun's soup one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Ada … a cake was made, a chocolate cake - yum!

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful! I have also admired it on my Pinterest board. Love.
    Bette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the caramel tones in this image and they sit well with the dusty blue of the velvet drapes in the reflection too! Congratulations on your anniversary... and chocolate cake.. yummm!:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.