Thursday 8 August 2013

K&A: potato and spring onion quiche (veggie pie)

Today I shared my recipe of potato and spring onion quiche (veggie pie) on my food blog, kitchen & aroma. As I wrote in my introduction, maybe this recipe should be called potatoes with quiche on the side! My people cannot get enough of potatoes so using less wasn't even an option. The pastry for the quiche is of course home-made and is easy to make (every time I think about the store-bought stuff I used before I hang my head in shame). Get your rolling pin out and start making your own! If you are used to the traditional French Lorraine Quiche you will perhaps raise an eyebrow when you see mine, as I don't use cream or butter in the filling. My version is lighter with only two eggs and cottage cheese and some cheese on top.

Bon appétit!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

2 comments:

  1. Merci, Lisa! It looks delicious. I'll probably give it a try this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quiche/tarts/pies and this will be on my recipe list to try soon! And of course, a homemade pastry is the best! (PS: I made a homemade apple pie on the weekend and it was gobbled up quick smart!):) PPS: I usually only use milk in my filling forgoing the richness of heavy cream!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.