Friday 21 December 2012

Space: a decorated dining room




This dining room belongs to a family in Holte, Denmark. The lady of the house is a florist and runs a flower shop in the town of Lyngby, a little further south, closer to Copenhagen. The family found the house in 2003 and before moving in it was completely renovated. I'm a big fan of bright spaces like this one where there is plenty of natural light - it looks very Scandinavian. Personally, I would have liked to see floorboards to add more warmth. I find the mix of chairs interesting, these are Eames and Thonet chairs and then there is the embroidered one to the right that breaks it up even more. For you art lovers out there, the piece in the middle is by the Danish artist Kurt Trampedach.

Today is the children's last day of school before the holidays. I'm looking forward to the days ahead, mostly spent in comfy pyjama trousers with a book in hand. I only wish we had snow, as I'm the white Christmas type. As I write this I'm baking bread and when they come home for lunch I'm making hot chocolate. It's my way of grounding them. Yesterday, I felt they were becoming a little too restless for my taste. If I had to make a list of what irritates me, restlessness would definitely be on it. When they go back to school after lunch, A and I are taking the train into the city (it only takes 15 minutes). I'm buying myself a new pair of pyjama trousers and a bottle of perfume. After that, this girl is ready for Christmas.

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Friday and not running around stressed doing your Christmas shopping!

photo credit:
Kira Brandt for Bo Bedre

6 comments:

  1. It indeed looks very Danish, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chair mix!!!

    Wonderful decoration!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. All that natural light makes my heart beat faster! Merry Christmas, Lisa! I hope 2013 is a fantastic year for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the room had wooden floors too. I like how airy it is. I'm all set for Christmas. The presents are wrapped, we have snow, the work is finally done, it's time to relax a little and take in the quiet days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love white rooms, brings so much light! I took Friday off, as my son's school was off too... So I was able to do the Xmas food shopping with no stress... And for the presents, this is the second year I really did not had stress. Have lovely holidays and a fabulous Xmas, and yes it could (should?) be a white one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're getting some pajama trousers! My final shopping was for a new linen duvet and a pair of boots that I love (finally! I returned the others because they hurt my feet). Anyway, I meant to email you with my travel plans. I will do that now :) Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday weekend!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.