Saturday 24 December 2011

merry christmas – gleðileg jól


¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Merry Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Joyeux Noël ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸. Zalig Kerstfeest ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Feliz Navidad ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ Fröliche Weihnachten ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Buone Feste Natalizie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Gleðileg jól ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

As I write this I'm setting the table and listening to our Christmas songs playlist. The Christmas present to myself after days of dealing with the flu is not ironing the tablecloth. wink No one will notice when it gets darker and no one in our home really cares. Everything that needs to be ready for Christmas Eve dinner is ready. We're having smoked lamb, which is an Icelandic tradition, and I must add that the children are more excited about the smoked lamb than the presents. I'm not kidding; they love it.

Dear blog friends and followers, I hope you have wonderful holidays ahead of you. May peace and happiness fill your days. Christmas greetings from Antwerp.

photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lisa!!! Have a wonderful time! Glad to see you are feeling better - right on time for celebration. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Καλά Χριστούγεννα!
    Merry Christmas Lisa! I'm sure you're all having a great celebration tonight and well deserved after all that flu thing! I'm now in between family lunch and dinner with friends and my stomach is already full! *sigh* I really love the holidays =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy holidays to you and your family too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Xmas and all the best wishes to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have excellent taste! I have the same ribbon (in reverse), the same glass plate (under the bowl- my bowls are a little different) and the same placemats - all which I used yesterday too! hahaha
    Thank you for your kind & lovely words when you stop my blog... I really do appreciate them...
    We had a lovely day full (FULL) of food and I am now officially in recuperation mode.
    Trust you're enjoying the festivities of the Christmas season with your family and friend.
    Helenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Lisa, I hope you and your family have a very special time and you are feeling much better to enjoy the celebrations:)
    Hugs from Wendy in Sydney Australia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gleðileg jól og farsælt komandi ár.
    Ég vona að þú hafir átt ánægjuleg jól og að þú sért laus við flensuna og allir séu frískir. Takk fyrir skemmtilega tölvusamskipti á árinu.
    kveðja úr jólasnjónum á Akureyri
    Adda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Lisa! I hope your holidays are wonderful -- and I hope you feel completely better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Lisa! Enjoy the celebrations :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warm red table set plus that cute deer makes the celebration even cozier. Glad to note some ideas in here. :D

    buy wow accounts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Lisa,
    I hope you had wonderful christmas days full of love and joy!
    Your table setting in red and white looks so amazing!
    Wish you a happy new year!!!!
    Hugs,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!! And an early happy new years to you too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my first blog-friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.