Monday 18 July 2011

european mood


I love that photo to the right. I've been admiring it for months and of course it's no longer available. When I saw that 'C'est Manifique' wallpaper to the left my heart ached a little. I'm wondering if this is the wallpaper I've been waiting to buy and have framed. Not bad to have a European mood on the walls, gorgeous retro sketches that remind me that Paris, London and Venice aren't really far away.

On a personal note: I don't do sick well. I don't think I know how to be sick. So, this morning, instead of continuing to relax, I decided to paint one chair with white gloss paint. When I had finished the chair I moved on to the bathroom's door frame. And when that one was finished I ... ahem ... I kind of painted the bathroom walls. Then I ran out of paint so I didn't manage to finish them. But the chair, door frame and freshly painted walls are looking really good – I'm telling ya! This would be me recovering from being sick. I'm waiting to see the look on hubby's face when he comes home from work. And I have a speech prepared on how my behaviour is perfectly normal, perfectly.

Enjoy your day!

photo credit:
right: irenesuchocki on Etsy

15 comments:

  1. Nice- I'm always in a European mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never felt european- but i love the picture and the wallpaper and the fact that you are so energetic amuses me! nothing can win you ; ) but i am sure huddy is worried about you. and that also nice, you know

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhhhhhhh be still my heart. I NEED that wallpaper NOW. And I won't settle for just a small frame, I need to cover every single part of the house with it so anywhere I look I can imagine I am on the lawn, looking up at the eiffel tower. or the venetian canals. Now I"ll have to explain how THAT is perfectly normal to my boyfriend.

    Glad you're feeling better! I don't think I have that much energy when I"m NOT sick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, that's what I say for getting better the right way! You go girl. I've seen that wallpaper before too, it is fabuloussss. Never thought of framing it but that is really REALLY good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the picture the wall paper love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! :) Thank you so much for your comment and the follow (it worked! :) ) You have such a beautiful blog here, I am so glad you left me a message otherwise I'd have never discovered it. Following you too now, sweetie!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! That sounds like someone I know... I think you are brilliant at beeing sick! In fact you should be sick more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The image to the right is indeed amazing :)
    And sorry to hear you are sick, get well soon! Allthough I must say - you seem to be coping just fine ;)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  9. These wallpapers are so lovely! You accomplished a lot being sick; the bathroom sounds amazing! Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also want that wallpaper. I have an Eiffel Tower fetish! You are clearly taking the "work through the pain" approach! :) x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's the reason i can't return to australia, i'm always in a european mood. love that wallpaper, might get it to frame.

    i used to be terrible at being sick, now i recognise it's my body's demand that i be still, for once.

    but it's nice to have all that painted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool! I love almost everything European...

    And that picture and wallpaper are just so fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I've loved that photo on the right for a while now too! And I am so smitten with that wallpaper. It's so incredibly charming!

    Try to rest up a little, Lisa. I couldn't even imagine doing even a smidgen of what you've accomplished ill :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that picture! Hot air balloons make me so happy! And that wallpaper is wonderful. Trying to figure out what room I would want it in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no, I hope you are feeling much better now... as for this wallpaper, well, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.